Louis Liaw Vern Xien
ADVOCATE & SOLICITOR
MEDIATOR (BAR COUNCIL)
Level 31, Menara TH Perdana
1001, Jalan Sultan Ismail
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 603 2692 5266
Fax: 603 2694 1703
- Member of the Honorable Society of the Lincoln’s Inn
- Elected Member of the Kuala Lumpur Bar Committee
- Chairperson of the Publications Committee of Kuala Lumpur Bar
- Member of the National Young Lawyers and Pupils Committee
- Member of the Constitutional Law Committee
- Member of the Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators
Louis Liaw is a legal associate at Ram Caroline Sha & Syah. His legal practice portfolio includes both civil dispute resolution and criminal defence. Louis also works on public interest and human rights related litigation.
Louis is an elected member of the Kuala Lumpur Bar Committee for the term 2019/2020. He is also appointed as the Chairperson of the KLBC’s Publications Committee. Louis frequently provides mooting training to university students and often invited as a guest judge at various universities’ mooting competition. During his free time, Louis writes articles on legal and political issues and has had his articles published on Loyarburok, BurgieLaw, OfficeParrots, his blog louisliaw.wordpress.com and online news outlets such as MalaysiaKini and MalayMail Online.
Louis is also a member lawyer of the Mackrell International Network, and is the Chairperson of the Mackrell International Asia Pacific Region Young Lawyers Network.
Louis graduated from Cardiff University and is a Barrister-at-Law of the Honorable Society of Lincoln’s inn.