ADVOCATE & SOLICITOR
Level 31, Menara TH Perdana
1001, Jalan Sultan Ismail
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 603 2692 5266
Fax: 603 2694 1703
- Committee Member of the Kuala Lumpur Bar Committee (2011 – 2012)
- Chairman of the Kuala Lumpur Bar Information Technology and Communications Committee (2011 – 2012)
- Co-Deputy Chairperson of the Bar Council Constitutional Law Committee (2009 – 2011)
- Member of the Malaysian Bar Council (2012 – 2017)
- Chairperson of the Bar Council Constitutional Law Committee (2011 – 2013)
- Chairperson of the Bar Council National Young Lawyers Committee (2013 – 2016)
- Recipient of The Edge Inspiring Young Leaders Awards 2017
Syahredzan Johan read law at Cardiff University, United Kingdom and graduated in 2005. He completed his Bar Vocational Course in 2006 and then called to the Bar of England and Wales. He returned to Malaysian on the same year and read in chambers at Messrs Ram Caroline Sha & Syah. He was admitted as an advocate and solicitor of the High Court of Malaya on 05 October 2007. He is now a partner at Messers Ram Caroline Sha & Syah, a law firm in Kuala Lumpur.
Syahredzan’s areas of practice include general litigation, criminal and public interest litigation such relating to human rights and the Constitution.
In 2009, he was appointed as the Co-Deputy Chairperson of the Bar Council’s Constitutional Law Committee, the committee behind the successful MyConstitution campaign. The Bar Council subsequently appointed him as Chairperson of the Constitutional Law Committee for the 2011/2012 term and re-appointed him for a second term in 2012. In 2011, he was elected as a Committee member of the Kuala Lumpur Bar Committee. He was then appointed as Chair of the Information Technology and Communications Committee of the Kuala Lumpur Bar. Syahredzan was an elected member of the Bar Council and served from 2012 to 2017. He chaired the Bar Council National Young Lawyers Committee for 3 terms.
In 2017. Syahredzan was one of the recipients of the then inaugural Inspiring Young Leaders Awards by local publication The Edge.
He has also written articles which are published in the mainstream media and the internet. He had a fortnightly column with The Star from 2011 to 2018 and still has a column in the Malay language daily Sinar Harian. His views and comments on legal issues have also been published by the media.